Tori Amos

Tori Amos

Updated
Check out the incredible new record by Tori Amos called Ocean to Ocean, It's simply brilliant in many ways. Songwriting, production, mix, musicians. I can't get over how wonderful the vocals were recorded and mixed. My...
Read more
Rush - Power Windows

Rush - Power Windows

Updated
Today I'm jamming to Rush - Power Windows. What a great-sounding record. Most of the lyrics can relate to what's going on today. Did Neil see the future? Alex Lifeson has always been a big influence on my playing and the...
Read more
Michael Landau

Michael Landau

Updated
What a crazy player. Comes out of nowhere and hits you like a ton of bricks. The tone and beauty in his playing. Check out the albums he did with the Raging Honkies. I especially like the one called We Are The Best Band. Must...
Read more
The Practice Room Jam Sessions

The Practice Room Jam Sessions

Updated
If you haven't had the chance to hear me make a fool out of myself then you're missing all the fun. Come on over to the Practice Room. You will get a chance to hear me testing out new gear, jamming to a loop, or just fooling...
Read more
Edward Van Halen

Edward Van Halen

Updated
This is a tough time for me to discuss Eddie, but I feel like I have to mention a few things. He was my mentor growing up as a young guitar player. He entered my world at that right moment like when you're at that age looking...
Read more
Let's talk drummer's

Let's talk drummer's

Updated
Here's a list of some of my favorite drummers. Jeff Porcaro. This guy can groove all day long and just might be my favorite drummer of all time... We'll talk about that..... Stewart Copeland. Craziest drummer I've ever...
Read more
Halloween Play List

Halloween Play List

Updated
Some of my music suggestions for a Heavy Halloween. This year goes like this: Ozzy Osbourne - Bark At The Moon/The Ultimate Sin Black Sabbath - Heaven And Hell Dokken - Back For The Attack Ozzy Osbourne - Diary Of A...
Read more
Oz Noy

Oz Noy

Updated
For all you guitar junkies out there check out Oz Noy. I'm a huge fan of his music and guitar playing. Today I'm cranking up his album Booga Looga Loo... Very funky and groovy. Oz is such a great player and offers...
Read more
New Mark Tremonti Marching In Time

New Mark Tremonti Marching In Time

Updated
I've been a big fan of Mark Tremonti and just wanted to give a shout out for his new record called Marching In Time. This one is really heavy if you're into that.... I think it's his best record yet and worth a...
Read more
Andy Timmons

Andy Timmons

Updated
So much to say about this guy's playing I'm not sure I can do him justice. The modern day guitar hero in my book. The complete intensity that pours from every note he play's is infectious and I find it hard not to be inspired...
Read more
George Lynch

George Lynch

Updated
It was 1984 when Tooth and Nail came out and I was at Berklee. At the time Rock guitar players were finally getting respected in a Jazz oriented school, it just had to. I remember going down the hall to my room which was all...
Read more
Allan Holdsworth

Allan Holdsworth

Updated
Allan Holdsworth showed me that you don't need to pick fast in order to play fast... All my legato technique is influenced by his style..... Check out the album Road Games and then jump into Metal Fatigue. These two records...
Read more
David Gilmour

David Gilmour

Updated
About Face! This guy does no wrong when it comes to playing guitar. I don't think I've ever heard him play a wrong note. Love the space he creates with sound scapes. His phrasing is so beautiful with tone to match. One of my...
Read more
Jeff Beck

Jeff Beck

Updated
Get's better with age. I don't know how he does it but wow does he sound amazing to this day. I actually like his music over the last few than some of his earlier stuff. You have to love Blow by Blow and Wired, but I also...
Read more
Stevie Ray Vaughan

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Updated
I still miss him to this day. Stevie was my introduction to blues. I didn't grow up in the blues environment, it was mostly pop/rock so this was fresh for me. He was my Jimi Hendrix growing up and I really shaped my playing...
Read more