Keeley HALO Delay Pedal

Updated
Keeley HALO Delay Pedal

Keeley HALO delay pedal

Well, I like the simplicity and features the pedal offers and overall it sounds fantastic. I love the expression pedal feature and I really utilized that live on the gig. I'm having an issue with the pedal powering up using my Strymon Zuma and Ojai power units. The pedal will power up ok but when you have to unplug it and plug it back in while the Zuma is on it goes into a default mode. I also realized that when it powers up properly you can't use any of the dials or mini-toggle switch for about a minute and then it seems to settle down and work properly.

I've tried a basic Boss power supply and that works fine but it's frustrating having to deal with a pedal like this in order to get it to work properly especially when it's gig time... I had it at the gig and when it settled in it was fine. Not sure if I'm going to keep this one, I might return it and just wait until they fix this issue.

I would like to also add that this pedal is not for everybody. If you're not into the dual delay thing then I would suggest checking it out but be aware that 3 of the 5 delay types are dual delay, which means you always have a syncopated dual delay (2 delays) happening. The quarter note and dotted eight settings are not. I'm starting to figure out that I'm not crazy about dual delay all the time and it has its place. When I used the pedal out live the quarter note and dotted eight note settings seemed to work best. I programmed both settings in one preset and toggled between each one with satisfactory results.

Very promising pedal.

Post to Thread